Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life since Riley

It has been an incredibly long time since I have updated this blog. So Riley James Bown was born on May 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm. I labored for 22 hours and then the doctor decided it was time for a C section. He was crooked so he wouldn't have come out the regular way at all. We stayed in the hospital for 3 days and went home with our newborn. Life since then has been interesting to say the least but we love it. Riley has acid reflux and so that was needing to get under control. I am staying at home for as long as I can with him. I love being with him every day and watching him learn new things all the time. The Summer flew by for us and August was a very busy month. We went to Utah for Lynlee's baptism and then a few days after we got home my grandmother passed away. So Riley and I headed up to Washington state for her funeral. He flew super well and I am so grateful for that. Babies on planes can be a nightmare but Riley slept the whole time almost both ways. It is a 4 hour flight so we were lucky. The first sunday in September we blessed our boy. He looked beautiful in white and Pop Pop and Grandma Shelby flew down for it. We had a bunch of people that came to celebrate with us and we had a luncheon after church. We are so blessed and I am feeling so grateful to stay at home at the start of my favorite time of year. Riley gets bigger all the time and it really is going by so fast. I have wonderful friends and family who help me out so much and give me great advice and help! I will post some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment